2022 Ultimate Traveler Championship Fan Guide
A detailed overview of everything fans need to know before taking in all the action at TPC River Highlands.
CROMWELL, Conn. – The stage is set for another star-studded Travelers Championship at TPC River Highlands.
This year’s PGA Tour event at Cromwell begins on Thursday June 23 and runs through the weekend, with the final on Sunday June 26.
Organizers expect 156 golfers to make up the field of competition this year, all vying for a shot at this year’s championship.
Connecticut’s only PGA Tour event is still a popular attraction for thousands of fans across the state and nation, and there are a number of important changes and notes fans should be aware of before heading to the course to get in on the golf action. .
- Tickets are on sale for the Travelers Championship, with tickets available for access to the course, from Wednesday 22 June.
- All tickets are digital or mobile-only; tickets are only accessible on the customer’s smartphone and will be scanned at the entrance gate.
- Tickets must be purchased before the tournament. No tickets will be sold at the door.
- Tickets can be purchased through Ticketmaster, or here.
- General parking is included with each ticket on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Directions for the route and parking can be found here.
- The Travelers Championship offers various admission programs with special programs for healthcare workers and first responders, soldiers and veteransand children 15 and under.
RELATED: Travelers Championship 2022: By the Numbers
The Travelers Championship has updated its security policy in accordance with the PGA Tour. Some of the changes made this year include the following:
- The tournament will not provide a “bag check” area this year. All bags must comply with the PGA Tour Bag Policy and will be searched upon entering the course.
- Opaque bags (i.e. purses, clutches, etc.) should not exceed 6″ x 6″ x 6″.
- Clear tote bags, plastic, vinyl, or other shipping items should not exceed 12″ x 6″ x 6″.
- Medically necessary and baby diaper bags are permitted on the tournament grounds.
On-site health and safety instructions:
The Travelers Championship is taking a number of safety measures to maintain the health of fans, staff, volunteers, players, caddies and others.
- All tickets are contactless and obtained through mobile ticketing.
- All transactions on the course are contactless and cashless.
- There will be more sanitizing and handwashing stations throughout the property, and frequent cleaning in high-touch areas.
- Masks are not required on the property. According to CDC guidelines, anyone over the age of 2 is encouraged to wear a mask indoors. Unvaccinated people are encouraged to wear a mask outside, in cases where they cannot be socially distant.
- If fans begin to feel unwell on site, they are advised to seek medical attention at the first aid tent.
- Participants are asked to respect all signage along the route. Failure to comply could result in the ejection of supporters from the tournament grounds.
The Travelers Championship has a list of items that are permitted on the course grounds.
- Binoculars, without case
- Folding chair, without chair bag
- Mobile phones and tablets
- baby supplies
- Personal transport devices for mobility aid i.e. motorized wheelchair or scooter
- Portable radio with headphones
- Reusable plastic or metal cups and bottles that come in and out empty and cannot hold more than 32 ounces
- Seat cushions that do not require a carrying case or have pockets or compartments
- Camera without housing and lens smaller than 6 inches (only allowed on Wednesdays)
You can find a full list on the Travelers Championship website here.
RELATED: Travelers Championship Tournament Less Than A Week Away
The Travelers Championship has a list of items that are prohibited on the course and must be returned to your vehicle.
- Drinks or coolers of all kinds
- binocular case
- Cameras (not allowed during the tournament from Thursday to Sunday)
- Camera lenses over 6 inches (not allowed on Wednesdays)
- Camera bags
- Chair bags
- Transparent backpacks
- Computers or laptops
- Fireworks, laser pointers or other explosives
- Illegal substances or items deemed illegal or dangerous by PGA TOUR/Tournament Security Officials
- Knives, guns or weapons of any kind
- Loungers or oversize chairs with elongated footrests
- Souvenirs i.e. pin flags, photos, trading cards, golf balls and other sports paraphernalia
- Mesh Sync Bags
- Motorcycles, mopeds, tricycles, bicycles, skateboards or hoverboards
- Food or drink outside
- Pets, excluding service animals
- Plastic, metal or glass cups, cans or containers
- Posters, signs, banners or ladders
- Radios, televisions, or other noise-producing electronic devices
- Seat cushions with carrying case or pouches
- Selfie sticks
- Video cameras
- Whistles, horns or buzzers
You can find a full list on the Travelers Championship website here.
Cell Phone Policies:
Mobile phones are allowed inside the course, but fans must observe a number of restrictions.
- Devices must be on vibrate or silent mode at all times.
- Devices can be used to take photos, record audio and record video in all areas throughout the tournament week.
- Camera flashes cannot be used.
- Live streaming of the tournament on devices is not permitted.
- Phone calls are only permitted near concession areas.
- Please respect the game and do not interfere with players, caddies or the media.
- Failure to comply with policies may result in the revocation of tickets.
- Cell phones may be confiscated by a mobile device committee volunteer or a pit captain.
- If a phone is confiscated, a fan will receive a receipt and the device will be held at the main gate until 6 p.m. that day. After that, it will take place in the tournament office.
- The Travelers Championship offers a wide variety of Approvals to enhance the viewing experience for fans of all ages. There are a number of special areas that fans can visit to catch the action, sample food and drink, and more.
- The Travelers Championship is a proud supporter of the United States Armed Forces and offers a number of special amenitiesprograms and more to salute our nation’s military personnel.
- This year, the tournament brings back the Stanley Black & Decker Fan Zoneafter being scrapped for the past two tournaments due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
RELATED: Operation Shower Celebrates 40 Future Military Moms
In the event of inclement weather, the Travelers Championship will alert fans and inform everyone of the current conditions.
In case of bad weather, the game may be suspended or cancelled. You can find more information on how the tournament handles weather alerts here.
If you’re heading to the Travelers Championship, download the free FOX61 News app to follow the latest conditions at TPC River Highlands to ensure you stay safe while watching the action at Cromwell.
HERE ARE MORE WAYS TO GET FOX61 NEWS
Download the FOX61 News app
iTunes: Click on here To download
Google Play: Click on here To download
Stream live on ROKU: Add the string from ROKU store or by searching FOX61.
Steam live on TV FIRE: Search ‘FOX61’ and click ‘Get’ to download.