How to access our digital newspaper
Need to stay informed, even on the go? Tallahassee Democratic subscribers can get the local news they love anytime, anywhere with the paper’s electronic edition.
The E-Edition is a digital copy of the newspaper that you can access from any mobile device or tablet or from your computer. It is a complete electronic replica of the printed newspaper published daily, with local news, sports, advertising and features such as comics and puzzles.
Subscribers also get expanded access to the USA TODAY Network’s electronic edition of newspapers, including USA TODAY and its popular crossword puzzle.
In addition to the E-Edition, all subscribers have full local digital access, meaning they have the ability to read all-day updates, subscriber-only stories and video features and audio, among other benefits. Subscribers also have 24/7 access to obituaries, legal notices and classifieds on our website.
Direct link: Visit the electronic edition of Tallahassee Democrat
Why do readers appreciate the E-Edition?
Our readers appreciate the E-Edition because it allows you to:
- Discover the newspaper, but in electronic form
- Easily browse and jump to your favorite sections
- Cut and share articles with your friends and family
- Increase or decrease text size for easy reading
- Listen to articles being read aloud
- Access previous print editions published in the last 30 days
- Access over 200 local electronic editions on the USA TODAY Network
Quick tips to help you easily access and navigate the E-Edition:
How to access from your office:
- Step 1: Log in to your account on our site
- 2nd step: Click on E-Edition in the navigation bar of the website
How to access from a mobile or tablet:
- Step 1: Download the free app via the App Store or Google Play Store.
- To find it in the App Store, search for the name of the newspaper you subscribe to and look for the icon that has a “print edition” label on the icon. This will be the E-Edition application.
- 2nd step: Open the app and log in to your account.
How to use the Tallahassee Democrat e-edition:
Browse mode is the default view of the E-Edition.
- Click “Browse” in the black navigation bar. Use the left and right arrows on your screen to navigate the pages.
- Click “Browse” a second time to zoom into a page.
- Hover over “Browse” to access a menu where you can further control your Browse view mode. Select the 1x or 2x display option; you can also “lock” this option.
Pages view is an easy way to quickly scan through all of the paper.
- Click on “Pages” in the black navigation bar to see and easily access all the pages of the edition you are viewing.
- Click on any page image to open and view it.
Index mode allows several content formatting options for reading, printing, or sharing:
- Select a story or an image on the paper and it will load on the right side of your screen. This makes it easier to read while still looking at the paper.
- Press the arrows to the right and left of the page image to change pages.
- When an article is selected, you can reduce or increase the text size, listen to the article, and switch between graphical and textual views of the article by selecting the appropriate icon at the top of the article on your screen.
Universal access to the electronic edition:
Universal E-Edition gives you access to over 200 electronic editions on the USA TODAY Network, including USA TODAY.
- In the E-Edition, click on the icon labeled Universal in the right navigation bar.
- On the left side, select a state to see available E-Edition publications.
- Select the post you want to read.
- Good reading.
Download, print and share:
There are two ways to save and share articles:
- Click “Index” in the black navigation bar. Select the content on the paper you want to print so that it displays on the right side of the screen. Click the Print icon directly above the content.
- If you prefer to define the area of the page to print, click the Share icon, then select the Clip option from the Share menu.
- Click “Browse”, then select the page number in the upper left or right corner of the displayed page. Then select the Share icon and follow the instructions to highlight/clip the area to be printed.
You can search for previous editions up to 30 days:
- To search for past editions, click “Search Archives” in the black navigation bar. A search page will appear on your screen. Insert the word or text to search for and click the Search button.
- After the search results load, click a page number to display that page. Click on the title of an article or on the image of an ad to open it for reading.